Danforth Chapel Information
Thank you for your interest in hosting an event at KU's Danforth Chapel.
- Events may be scheduled between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily.
- Building Capacity: 90 People
- Number of Pews: 18
- Center Aisle Length: 25 feet
- The Chapel is open to the public Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. unless reserved for an event. You are welcome to tour at your convenience.
- Alumni/non-students – $450.00 for 2 hours and a 1 hour rehearsal time
- Students – $320.00 for 2 hours and a 1 hour rehearsal time
- You may purchase ONE additional hour for the following prices:
- Alumni/non-students – $225.00
- Students – $160.00
- Christenings / Memorials:
- Alumni/non-students Christenings and Memorials: $200.00 for ONE HOUR
- Students (Christenings) – $100.00 for ONE HOUR
- Student Memorials: please inquire by calling 785-864-4861
- All Reservations require a $100 Cleaning Deposit: The Danforth Chapel assistant on duty will perform a walk-through with you at the end of your event to address any issues that may require a cleaning fee. If there is no one to sign the paper work at the end of your ceremony, you forfeit your cleaning deposit as outlined in the event agreement.
Danforth Chapel reservation fee payments can be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) or check. Cleaning Deposit payment can only be accepted via check. No cash will be accepted.
Credit card payments can be made in person or over the phone. Please inquire further about our policies in regard to credit card transactions.
The signature you need for the University Events Form is from the Student Involvement and Leadership Center. Both the UEC Form and the Danforth Reservation Form must be turned into SILC by Tuesday at noon, at least two weeks prior to your event.
The chapel is only available to registered student organizations Monday-Thursday, from 7:30 am-10:00 pm for one hour per day. The reservations made by registered student organizations are never guaranteed if a paying party wishes to use it for a wedding, christening, or memorial service. Those reservations will take precedence over all other activities on weekdays and weekends.